Sports safety gear is not considered as unfashionable or odd, they have become a necessity to reduce the severity of injuries the players may incur while playing. To enjoy participating in a game and ensure you don’t get injured, sports safety equipment protects you in the playing field.
Here is a list of safety gear that sportsman must carry
- Protective eyewear is required to protect all the players from sports-related injuries. Tinted sunglasses and goggles are suitable for nearly every sport to protect the sports participant’s eyes and face.
- Wearing a helmet is compulsory in football or hockey, as players are susceptible to head injuries. Benza Sports helmets have been designed considering the need for proper head protection amongst every player.
- Even the helmet should be well-fitted as size smaller or larger increases the chances of a serious head injury. With the awareness being spread foreseeing risks involved, the necessity of proper head protection has become clear.
- The type of shoe is an important part of the safety equipment in certain sports. Players should select shoes based on the game so that there is no foot pain and increase in pedaling efficiency. Right running shoes not only decrease the risk of overuse injuries but also protect the knees of the players. Especially basketball, tennis, and racquetball need Court shoes to provide good traction to the players.
- Safety guards act as sports safety equipment in several sports. In football, hockey protective pads are required, to protect the elbow, wrist, chest, neck, shoulder, and thighs. They reduce the chances of cuts, scrapes, and abrasions. The knee pads and wrist guards are of great advantage in games where chances of breaking a wrist are high.
- Mouth guard is required to keep your teeth in the same position and also prevent tongue and lip injuries. They are mandatory safety equipment specifically sports with a high risk of injury to the face, mouth or jaw. They should be comfortable, durable, stay in place, easy to clean and not restrict breathing and speaking.
With these safety equipments, players stay safe which results in better performance.
All contact sports such as boxing, French boxing, kickboxing, Thai boxing, and other mixed martial arts mandates every player to wear protective headgear and boxing gloves to avoid injuries.
In a boxing fight against the opponent, any player boxing with bare hands struggle fighting which has led to the evolution of the safety gear. Every beginner or an expert boxer wears Benza Sports boxing equipment to limit the impact of punches and kicks. It is important to choose products with a good level of durability. Equipment should be chosen based on the type of boxing and it is obligatory to wear them in boxing competitions for optimal shield.
How to select
Helmets are selected based on the high-density fabric, foam padding, quality of the chin guard to protect the cheekbones and the entire gym. Boxers of every age wear boxing helmets to avoid fractures, head trauma, and brain damage. It also protects their faces from bruises providing full-protection so that the boxer does not lose consciousness when he is kicked by the opponent and it assures that the uppercut to the jaw and eyes of the boxer is not harmed.
Basic structure of every boxing helmet
- Helmets protect the cheekbones, surround the skull and worn by the players with a chinstrap to protect the boxer’s skull in every different technique of kicking.
- The size of the protective equipment matters if it is narrow it may hurt the boxer. At times hen people buy a helmet of a size bigger, it makes them prone to more accidents as kicking it leads to the flipping of the helmet.
- Helmet’s Visibility holds a significant role in punching back and counterattack. It should be wide enough so that the player can see the opponent arrive, dodge, and hold his guard in the game.
- A protective boxing helmet needs to be wide enough and have you see what is going in the game.
- Helmet’s lining should be too soft otherwise it would divert the boxer’s attention in the game.
- Last but not the least, the helmet’s chin strap should be situated under the jaw and should perfectly fit the player. If the strap is loose or not strong, the helmet will move in the game. Players will face difficulty to tighten it in the middle of the fight. A tight strap tight makes the player feel strangled, which is quite uncomfortable.
By buying the best pair of boxing you can improve the quality of your training up to great extent. Bad pair of gloves can make your training aggravating and even increase the chance of injury as well. You may think that boxing gloves may not play any role and you can select any type of boxing gloves.
Well, you can even walk into your favorite store and buy a random pair of the gloves. But the chances of buying wrong gloves may increase and they may also not be comfortable for you as well. Moreover, you may not get the expected performance as well.
The primary role of boxing headgear is to protect your head from bruises or cuts. They are heavily padded guards that lower the risk of unwanted injury while you are practicing boxing.
No matter how well trained you are, protecting yourself from the punch of your competitor is your foremost task. For this, you always need to wear protective gear such as head guard.
Whether it is martial arts or any other sport you are going to participate, there is always a risk of getting injured. But, damages are frequently noticed in Karate and Taekwondo. Fall, throws and jumps are the common mechanisms of injuries to participants. The common injuries are scrapes & bruises, sprains & strains, finger & toe and head injuries.