Whether you are a boxer or just doing a training activity for you, getting the right pair of gloves is one of the foremost things you need to do. Especially, if you are going to buy it for the very first time. Before selecting a set of gloves for yourself, you should take some time to think about the gloves. Durability and material are the crucial things to consider for a beginner.
Here are a few essential things to consider before buying boxing gloves.
- Material: Genuine leather, polyurethane, and vinyl are usually used for making gloves. If you are a beginner, a set of vinyl gloves are good for you. These gloves are not as expensive as leather gloves. It is true that vinyl is cheaper but it is not good for regular use because they make hands sweaty and this material is not durable. So, you can go with Polyurethane leather gloves if you are a beginner.
- Weight & Size: Make sure you choose the right size of gloves for your practice. Gloves are available in small, medium, and large sizes. Once you have chosen the right size after that you can go with weight. Just like their types of sparring gloves and training gloves, the weight of the gloves is also different. The weight range can start from 8 oz to 20 oz, so select as per your requirements.
- Closure Options: Boxing gloves come with Velcro and lace closure. If you want a pair of gloves that is easy to adjust, Velcro is the best choice for you. If you are not a professional and doing training, Velcro is the only choice that you need to buy. Because gloves with lace closure can be difficult to wear on your own.
- Hand Wraps or Inner Gloves: Inner gloves or hand wraps are very essential and many trainers often ignored them if they are new to boxing. When you are selecting a pair of gloves, you should always try inner gloves or hand wraps under your gloves. Wear it always for the best possible fitting.
Choosing the right pair of gloves is essential for your training. Whether you are an experienced or a novice, gloves can influence the efficiency of your training. Finding the right set of gloves can be a daunting task, but by taking a few necessary steps you can make the right choice.
Protecting boxing gloves are essential for anyone who does Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). MMA involves a lot of workouts. Imagine you are going back to martial art after a long break. You may very excited to wear your boxing gloves. What if your gloves smell so bad, smells that worse than the kicks. Whether you are new to martial art or playing for the last few months, you may know about it before.
Your boxing gloves can become a house for bacteria if you do not clean them properly. Nasty and strange smells will start to come from it, and sometimes, if you leave them for a long time, it will become the permanent house of that nasty smell. So, keeping boxing gloves neat and clean through proper maintenance is essential to increase the life of your equipment.
- Use odor absorbers: Do you know people use essential oil to make their gloves odor-free. But it just finishes the odor temporarily, it is not a permanent solution. Instead of essential oil, you can go with odor absorbers, it will help you to keep gloves malodor-free and clean.
- Clean the gloves on daily basis: Daily cleaning does not mean washing machine laundry. In that case, they will start to stink worse than before like a wet dog. Instead of this, just wipe the gloves after every training session to keep them odor-free. You can use alcohol wipes or baby wipes to clean them.
- Let them dry: There is no doubt that your gloves are the house to bacteria. When you come back from the martial art class, it is essential to unpack your gear bag and take everything out of the bag to dry everything.
- Clean it from outside and outside: Before starting the, cleaning process, make sure you have the proper knowledge of the cleaning process from starting to end. Choose the washing material according to the stuff of the gloves. Don’t miss the external surface that touches your face. It is very easy to get infected adulterate gloves.
- Wash your hands: Always wash your hands before and after training. You will get dozens of bacteria from the equipment and other people. So, that is why it is important to keep the gloves clean by washing hands to reduce the chances of bacteria.
Once you have done the cleaning, before starting the packaging, just deodorize the bag. If you have any questions or queries, just pick your phone and call Benza Sports Team.