Sports safety gear is not considered as unfashionable or odd, they have become a necessity to reduce the severity of injuries the players may incur while playing. To enjoy participating in a game and ensure you don’t get injured, sports safety equipment protects you in the playing field.
Here is a list of safety gear that sportsman must carry
- Protective eyewear is required to protect all the players from sports-related injuries. Tinted sunglasses and goggles are suitable for nearly every sport to protect the sports participant’s eyes and face.
- Wearing a helmet is compulsory in football or hockey, as players are susceptible to head injuries. Benza Sports helmets have been designed considering the need for proper head protection amongst every player.
- Even the helmet should be well-fitted as size smaller or larger increases the chances of a serious head injury. With the awareness being spread foreseeing risks involved, the necessity of proper head protection has become clear.
- The type of shoe is an important part of the safety equipment in certain sports. Players should select shoes based on the game so that there is no foot pain and increase in pedaling efficiency. Right running shoes not only decrease the risk of overuse injuries but also protect the knees of the players. Especially basketball, tennis, and racquetball need Court shoes to provide good traction to the players.
- Safety guards act as sports safety equipment in several sports. In football, hockey protective pads are required, to protect the elbow, wrist, chest, neck, shoulder, and thighs. They reduce the chances of cuts, scrapes, and abrasions. The knee pads and wrist guards are of great advantage in games where chances of breaking a wrist are high.
- Mouth guard is required to keep your teeth in the same position and also prevent tongue and lip injuries. They are mandatory safety equipment specifically sports with a high risk of injury to the face, mouth or jaw. They should be comfortable, durable, stay in place, easy to clean and not restrict breathing and speaking.
With these safety equipments, players stay safe which results in better performance.