Boxers wear gloves on their hands during boxing matches to protect their hands and also to more forcefully deliver the punches. There are literally various types of pairs of boxing gloves available out there. If you are a novice, you may get confused with the variety of gloves. Boxing gloves available in different size, shape, weight, style and color. Before buying them, you need to get the right information.
Here is a full information on how to choose the right gloves suited for you. After following given tips, you will be able to buy the pair of right boxing gloves that will meet your needs.
- Pick the right size: As it is already mentioned above that gloves are available in different sizes. The size is displayed as an ounce or oz. The most common sizes are 8 oz, 10 oz, 12 oz, 14 oz and 16 oz. All these are only available in even sizes, there is no odd sizes like 7 oz, 9 oz or 11 oz.
- Material: Boxing glove manufacture of leather and vinyl material. For new boxers and kids, vinyl is a good material. Because these gloves are cheaper than leather material. Vinyl gloves are easier to put on and leather material is used by professionals. Leather gloves are more durable than vinyl and these are usually last for several years.
- Types of gloves: Types of gloves is depending on your boxing activities. You will find different types of gloves in the market such as fighting, sparring, aerobics, amateur fighting and training gloves. All these are designed for different purposes. You cannot wear any one of them without the advice of your trainer.
- Closure options: Whether you choose lace up or Velcro closing option, make sure you buy the right pair for yourself. If you are under training period or not a professional boxer, Velcro gloves are good for you. These are easy to put on and put off without the help of other people. Lace up gloves are specially designed for professionals. You need another one to put on them.
- Brand: Before buying a pair of your favorite gloves, you may have a question in your mind that does brand matters. The answer is yes, brands always matter. It is always advisable to buy high quality gloves from the leading brand than buying cheaper ones. Buying cheap gloves can be dangerous because it could damage your hands.
If you are thinking about to buy a new pair of boxing glove for you or just want to buy for another one, keep these tips in your mind before buying. To buy a high quality gloves, you can browse our website www.benzasports.ca. You will get detailed information related to all martial art products.